If so, the Financial Access Initiative Student Network (FAI SN) wants to hear from you. Whether your microfinance position is in Mali or Manhattan, in implementation or evaluation, or with a local or multinational organization, we want to hear how you are contributing and gaining first-hand experience in the field.
We are looking for blog authors to chronicle their summer internship experiences on our blog, “The Microfinance Insider” http://microfinanceinsider.blogspot.com/). As an FAI SN blogger, you’ll be able to disseminate valuable knowledge and be recognized for your commitment. By joining this growing community of young people interested in microfinance, you will also have the opportunity to learn from the summer experiences of fellow bloggers.
- Current graduate student (full or part-time)
- Commitment to microfinance
- Strong creative writing skills
- Previous freelance writing/blogging experience a plus
- Commitment to writing one substantive blog post (250 words or more) once a week for the duration of the internship
- Promotion of the blog to microfinance student groups and students at your university
- How did you secure your summer internship?
- How do you feel you are making an impact?
- What challenges are you facing with your work?
- What sort of contacts are you making?
- How is your position preparing you for your post-graduation job?
- What skills would have better prepared you for your work?
- What do you think is missing from the microfinance conversation?
- Explore issues in microfinance that interest YOU
- Receive feedback on your posts from blog followers
- Increase your organization’s exposure
- Start the conversation, not just be a part of it
- Address some of the misconceptions about microfinance
- Reflect solid writing skills on a resume
Please send a writing sample telling us why you decided to pursue an internship in microfinance. Do not send a traditional cover letter—if accepted, this will be your first blog post. Email your blog post and CV to email@example.com